Frequently Asked Questions
At Royale Limousines we specialise in chauffeuring executives – VIP clients who deserve VIP service. We’ve been doing it since 1989 and nobody does it better. Whatever you need, wherever you’re going, just sit back, relax, and leave it to the expert drivers in our luxury fleet – the professionals with the personal touch.
What health and safety measures is Royale Limousines taking in regards to Covid-19 (Coronavirus)?
Chauffeur Health & Monitoring
Chauffeurs are monitored and required to report to the Operations team if they suffer from any of the following key symptoms of COVID-19:
- sore throat
- fatigue, and
- shortness of breath
Chauffeurs are required to perform medical testing to prove that they are clear of COVID-19 and fit to work if:
- they are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19
- they have been, or have potentially been, exposed to a person who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or is suspected to have COVID-19 (even if the person who is suspected to have COVID-19 has not yet been tested)
To prevent the possible spread of COVID-19, Chauffeurs are provided with the following items:
- face masks
- hand sanitisers
- aerosol disinfectant spray
- surface antibacterial spray/wipes
All Royale Limousines team members including chauffeurs are required to practise good hygiene to protect against infections. Good hygiene includes:
- washing of hands often with soap and water
- using a tissue to cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing
- avoiding close contact with others, such as touching
Vehicle Sanitation Practices
Royale Limousines has increased its sanitation practice placing is greatest focus on surface cleaning and disinfection:
- ALL vehicles are cleaned and disinfected after EVERY job
- Vehicles are thoroughly wiped down with surface antibacterial spray/wipes including;
- hand rests
- seat belts
- and belt buckles
- Hand sanitiser, masks and disinfectant sprays are available in each vehicle for the health and well-being of the customers and chauffeurs
- Chauffeurs cannot perform another job within 10min of cleaning and disinfecting the vehicle to properly allow sufficient contact time to be effective
What areas of Australia do you operate in?
What are your business hours?
What terms & conditions are associated with your bookings?
Are there any hidden charges?
Do you provide chauffeur only service?
Can you provide seating for children?
Are we allowed to eat, drink or smoke in the vehicles?
Are drinks provided or can we bring our own?
What is the luggage capacity of your vehicles and do they take trailers?
What payment methods do you accept and when is the charge made?
Should I tip my chauffeur?
What are your harassment and bullying policies?
Royale Limousines is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment in which all workers are treated fairly, with dignity and respect. Workplace Harassment or bullying is a risk to the health and safety of the workplace. It is unacceptable and will not be tolerated by Royale Limousines.
Our policy outlines Royale Limousines commitment to a safe workplace and is aimed at ensuring, so far as it reasonably can, that employees, contractors or customers are not subjected to any form of harassment while at work. It also details the legal responsibilities of Royale Limousines employees and contractors in relation to preventing bullying in the workplace.
How does harassment or bullying apply to our customers?
The policies apply equally to our customers, we recognise the responsibilities of our chauffeurs provisioning services to our client and for our customer service team interacting with external customers.
Chauffeur must understand the additional risk their duties expose them to on a daily basis. Chauffeurs provide services to a broad range of customer age, culture and purpose. We value our customer privacy – its ok to have general conversation with our clients. Over and above the principles to co-workers apply, they equally apply to our customers, additionally chauffeur’s need to observe the following:
- Under no circumstances should comments on a person’s appearance be made;
- Do not ask question about marital or relationship status;
- Do not engage in any sensitive political or religious topic;
- RL also prohibit discrimination against riders or drivers based on race, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, gender identity, age or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.
- Such discrimination includes, but is not limited to, refusing to provide or accept services based on any of these characteristics.
- Minors are not permitted to travel alone with a chauffeur unless accredited.
Any rider or driver found to have violated this prohibition will be immediately suspended until a full investigation conducted.
Royale Limousines has a mandate to ensure the safety and wellbeing or our chauffeurs and drivers, customers have the same responsibility as our employee and contractors under the principles of the Australia human rights commission.
Any incident reported by our drivers in regards to a customer will be investigated and if sufficient evidence can be established the rider will be suspended indefinitely.
Are chauffeurs and drivers obligated to participate in any form of training?
All Royale Limousines chauffeurs, drivers and administrative staff participate in compulsory Work Health and Safety (WH & S) training. This online training process is hosted by the SAP Litmos online Training Platform and it is compulsory for all chauffeurs and drivers. It demonstrably meets and/or exceeds the minimum requirements of all Australian state jurisdictions in which we operate. It covers as a minimum, (but is not limited to): Sexual Harassment, Bullying, Fatigue Management, Vehicle Safety and disability support training. It is all competency-based self-paced learning, created and monitored by a Certificate 4, Workplace Trainer and assessor. They also compulsorily participate in soft-skills training modules in the areas of: Handling Difficult Customers, Customer Satisfaction, and Communication Skills. All of the WH & S training must be completed annually.
All new chauffeurs and drivers must also take part in a compulsory two day induction which includes and is not limited to:
- Client journey experience
- In-house communications systems (e.g. Royale App)
- Frequently visited destinations
- Vehicle preparation and safety
- Standards of personal appearance
- Trip planning/navigation
Are we allowed to stop to take photos?
How do I get a quote for a service?
What if I need to cancel my reservation?
What is the minimum time when booking chauffeured car hire?
What do we do if we are not sure what time we will be finished to return home?
How much waiting time do you include?
What should I do if my plane is running late?
How do we find you at the airport?
Alternatively we can arrange to meet you at a particular location if preferred. The chauffeur will hold a sign bearing the passenger, group or company name; alternatively you can specify what the sign needs to read.